The Romantic Art of Holding Hands
Written By: Elaine P. Jones
Although it has become almost extinct, holding hands is a timeless display of affection. Holding hands is an outward demonstration of love, protection and commitment. This once popular public display is rarely seen in today’s society. Holding hands used to have a wide appeal, couples from puppy love to their golden years; send a message to onlookers that they are in love. Holding hands is neither offensive nor suggestive when demonstrated in public. If given a rating it would be rated “G” for everyone. Few would suggest that the couple’s behavior is inappropriate.
The question I would pose is “why aren’t many couples holding hands in public anymore?” Has holding hands gone out of style? Have many Americans gotten so distracted with the day to day routine they don’t have time to hold hands? Are we so extreme that holding hands is too innocent? Are couples no longer willing to declare they are committed? Couples kissing and touching each other inappropriately in public has increased. The popularity of couples “making out” in public is has earned its very own catch phrase. The popular phrase “get a room” is the verbal warning to couples who have gone over the invisible line of discretion in public.
Holding hands has more than just romantic significance, such as, to guide someone through a crowd to prevent them from getting lost. Parents holding the hand of a small child for guidance and protection are other known reason. Whatever the reason for holding hands, the sense of touch satisfies the human need for acceptance. Not to mention it is emotionally healthy for both parties.
A simple act as holding hands can help maintain the life of a marriage. In the beginning many couples hold hands. However, as time goes by they tend to lose some of the simple acts of gratitude. Holding hands is one of them. I think holding hands is emotionally bonding two people together and therefore will never go out of style. For me the silent message holding hands expresses, is I love you, I’m committed to you and I don’t mind if others know that. It also says I’m attracted to you and I’m aware of your presence. If your marriage relationship has lost its flavor, I suggest you make it a point to hold hands on a regular basis. This might be just what is needed to rekindle the passion in your marriage. The next time you are out with your spouse grab hold of his or her hand as you walk along. Holding hands alone is not the only remedy to spark a fire in romance, but it sure is a good place to start!
Although it has become almost extinct, holding hands is a timeless display of affection. Holding hands is an outward demonstration of love, protection and commitment. This once popular public display is rarely seen in today’s society. Holding hands used to have a wide appeal, couples from puppy love to their golden years; send a message to onlookers that they are in love. Holding hands is neither offensive nor suggestive when demonstrated in public. If given a rating it would be rated “G” for everyone. Few would suggest that the couple’s behavior is inappropriate.
The question I would pose is “why aren’t many couples holding hands in public anymore?” Has holding hands gone out of style? Have many Americans gotten so distracted with the day to day routine they don’t have time to hold hands? Are we so extreme that holding hands is too innocent? Are couples no longer willing to declare they are committed? Couples kissing and touching each other inappropriately in public has increased. The popularity of couples “making out” in public is has earned its very own catch phrase. The popular phrase “get a room” is the verbal warning to couples who have gone over the invisible line of discretion in public.
Holding hands has more than just romantic significance, such as, to guide someone through a crowd to prevent them from getting lost. Parents holding the hand of a small child for guidance and protection are other known reason. Whatever the reason for holding hands, the sense of touch satisfies the human need for acceptance. Not to mention it is emotionally healthy for both parties.
A simple act as holding hands can help maintain the life of a marriage. In the beginning many couples hold hands. However, as time goes by they tend to lose some of the simple acts of gratitude. Holding hands is one of them. I think holding hands is emotionally bonding two people together and therefore will never go out of style. For me the silent message holding hands expresses, is I love you, I’m committed to you and I don’t mind if others know that. It also says I’m attracted to you and I’m aware of your presence. If your marriage relationship has lost its flavor, I suggest you make it a point to hold hands on a regular basis. This might be just what is needed to rekindle the passion in your marriage. The next time you are out with your spouse grab hold of his or her hand as you walk along. Holding hands alone is not the only remedy to spark a fire in romance, but it sure is a good place to start!
Comments
Post a Comment